Red Hat Virtualization (RH318) helps IT professionals acquire the skills needed to deploy, administer, and operate virtual machines in their organization using Red Hat® Virtualization. Through numerous hands-on exercises, you will deploy and configure Red Hat Virtualization and use it to provision and manage virtual machines. This course also prepares you for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization certification exam.
Audience and prerequisites
Linux system administrators and virtualization administrators are interested in deploying and managing large-scale virtualization solutions managing virtual servers in their data centres, based on the Red Hat Virtualization open virtualization management platform.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to create and deploy Red Hat Virtualization and virtual servers. Using a single, full-service management interface, Red Hat Virtualization Manager, you will be able to configure, manage, and migrate systems within the virtualization environment.
Prerequisites for this course
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) certification or equivalent experience.
Module 1: Red Hat Virtualization overview
- Explain the purpose and architecture of Red Hat Virtualization.
Module 2: Installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization
- Install a minimal Red Hat Virtualization environment and use it to create a virtual machine.
Module 3: Creating and managing datacenters and clusters
- Organize hypervisors into groups using datacenters and clusters.
Module 4: Managing user accounts and roles
- Configure user accounts using a central directory service.
- Assign access to resources based on job responsibilities using roles.
Module 5: Adding physical hosts
- Add additional Red Hat Virtualization hosts automatically, and move and remove hosts from datacenters as needed.
Module 6: Managing Red Hat Virtualization networks
- Separate network traffic into multiple networks on one or more interfaces to improve the performance and security of Red Hat Virtualization.
Module 7: Managing Red Hat Virtualization storage
- Create and manage data and ISO storage domains.
Module 8: Deploying and managing virtual machines
- Operate virtual machines in the Red Hat Virtualization environment.
Module 9: Migrating virtual machines
- Migrate and control automatic migration of virtual machines.
Module 10: Managing virtual machine images
- Manage virtual machine snapshots and disk images.
Module 11: Automating virtual machine deployment
- Automate deployment of virtual machines by using templates and cloud-init.
Module 12: Backing up and upgrading Red Hat Virtualization
- Back up, restore, and upgrade Red Hat Virtualization.
Module 13: Exploring high-availability practices
- Explain procedures to improve resilience and reliability of Red Hat Virtualization by removing single points of failure and implementing high-availability features.
Module 14: Comprehensive review
- Demonstrate skills learned in this course by installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization, using it to create and manage virtual machines, and by backing up and updating components of Red Hat Virtualization.
Fees & Schedule
|Delivery Mode||Course Duration||Fees|
|Live Virtual Training||4 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Onsite Classroom Training||4 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Customized Training||4 Days||Ask for Quote|