The course is focused on deploying and managing network servers running caching Domain Name Service (DNS), MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP null clients, network file sharing with Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB), iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewall configurations, and the use of Bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Through lectures and hands-on labs, students who have already earned the RHCSA certification will be exposed to all competencies covered by the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX300).
Audience and prerequisites
Red Hat System Administration III is intended for experienced Linux administrators wishing to learn enterprise-level automation techniques through scripting, how to deploy and secure network services, and how to manage other key security features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Students in this course should have earned their RHCSA or have equivalent skills.Impact on the individualAs a result of attending this course, students should be able to perform the key tasks needed as a full-time Linux system engineer or consultant. This course introduces enterprise Linux advanced administration topics, including service and daemon control, network configuration and troubleshooting, NFS and SAMBA file server configuration, Apache HTTP webserver management, MariaDB SQL database configuration, Postfix SMTP configuration, DNS troubleshooting, and bash scripting.Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Control services and daemons.
- Manage networking.
- Configure link aggregation, bridging, teaming, and bonding.
- Configure filters with firewalls.
- Permit and reject access to network services using SELinux.
- Manage DNS servers.
- Configure SMTP email delivery.
- Provide iSCSI block storage.
- Configure NFS and SAMBA file-based storage.
- Configure MariaDB SQL database.
- AConfigure Apache HTTPD with TLS-enabled virtual hosts.
- Write simple bash automation scripts.
Prerequisites for this course
- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA certification, confirmation of the correct skills and knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
Module 1: Control services and daemons
- Review how to manage services and the boot-up process using systemctl
Module 2: Manage IPv6 networking
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
Module 3: Configure link aggregation and bridging
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced network interface functionality including bonding, teaming, and local software bridges
Module 4: Control network port security
- Permit and reject access to network services using advanced SELinux and firewalld filtering techniques
Module 5: Manage DNS for servers
- Set and verify correct DNS records for systems and configure secure DNS caching
Module 6: Configure email delivery
- Relay all email sent by the system to an SMTP gateway for central delivery
Module 7: Provide block-based storage
- Provide and use networked iSCSI block devices as remote disks
Module 8: Provide file-based storage
- Provide NFS exports and SMB file shares to specific systems and users
Module 9: Configure MariaDB databases
- Provide a MariaDB SQL database for use by programs and database administrators
Module 10: Provide Apache HTTPD web service
- Configure Apache HTTPD to provide Transport Layer Security (TLS)-enabled websites and virtual hosts
Module 11: Write Bash scripts
- Write simple shell scripts using Bash
Module 12: Bash conditionals and control structures
- Use Bash conditionals and other control structures to write more sophisticated shell commands and scripts
Module 13: Configure the shell environment
- Customize Bash startup and use environment variables, Bash aliases, and Bash functions
Fees & Schedule
|Delivery Mode||Course Duration||Fees|
|Live Virtual Training||4 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Onsite Classroom Training||4 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Customized Training||4 Days||Ask for Quote|