Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) is designed for system administrators who are intending to implement a cloud computing environment using OpenStack. You will learn how to configure, use, and maintain Red Hat® OpenStack Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 and Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13.0. The focus of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) will be managing OpenStack using both the web-based dashboard and the command-line interface, in addition to managing instances and installing a proof-of-concept environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) director. Essential skills covered in the course include configuring Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using the director UI); managing users, projects, flavours, roles, images, networking, and block storage; setting quotas, and configuring images at instantiation.
Audience and prerequisites
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will understand the architecture of a private or hybrid OpenStack cloud infrastructure and will be able to create, manage, and troubleshoot software-defined network services, resources, servers, and applications for dynamically scalable business environments.
You should also be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and implement on-demand projects, software-defined networks, and virtual machine instances.
- Deploy a proof-of-concept OpenStack installation for practice, development, demonstration, and testing, back in your own home or business computing environment.
- Manage software-defined networks such as subnets, routers, floating IP addresses, images, flavours, security groups/rules, and block and object storage.
- Create and customize advanced VM instances as applications, customize on deploy, and create scalable stacks of multiple VM applications.
Prerequisites for this course
Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent experience.
Module 1: Introduce launching an instance
- Launch an instance and describe the OpenStack architecture and use cases.
Module 2: Organize people and resources
- Manage projects, users, roles, and quotas.
Module 3: Describe cloud computing
- Describe the changes in technology and processes for cloud computing.
Module 4: Manage Linux networks
- Administer Linux networks and bridges.
Module 5: Prepare to deploy an instance with public access
- Manage images, flavors, and private networks in preparation for launching an instance.
Module 6: Deploy an instance
- Launch and verify an instance.
Module 7: Manage block storage
- Manage ephemeral and persistent block storage.
Module 8: Manage object storage
- Administer object storage.
Module 9: Prepare to deploy an external instance
- Manage external networks and security in preparation for launching an instance with public access.
Module 10: Deploy an instance with public access
- Launch and verify an instance with public access.
Module 11: Customize instances
- Customize an instance with cloud-init.
Module 12: Deploy scalable stacks
- Deploy a stack and configure autoscaling.
Module 13 Install an OpenStack overcloud
- Install an OpenStack proof of concept using the director UI and provisioning service templates.
Fees & Schedule
|Delivery Mode||Course Duration||Fees|
|Live Virtual Training||5 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Onsite Classroom Training||5 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Customized Training||5 Days||Ask for Quote|