What is CompTIA Server+?
CompTIA Server+ is a globally recognized certification for IT professionals handling servers in data centers – private, public, or hybrid environment. CompTIA Server+ Certification endorses their hands-on experience in installing, managing, and troubleshooting servers based on the different operating systems to ensure smooth delivery of cloud-based services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
Why CompTIA Server+ Training?
SpireTec provides IT training based on the latest pattern of the CompTIA Server+ SK0-005 Exam. The previous Exam (SK0-004) is going to retire by the end of December 2021. The training helps you master the four core aspects of server management, i.e., Virtualization, Storage, Security and Troubleshooting.
Benefit from our online CompTIA Server+ training and prepare for the exam from anywhere. Our learning content is enhanced with videos, flashcards, and performance-based questions. Confirm your learning progress with an included practice test.
CompTIA Server+ Examination has 90 Multiple Choice Questions (single and multiple responses), drag and drops, and performance-based. The allotted time to complete the exam is 90 minutes. The passing score is yet to be decided. The passing score for the previous exam model was 750 (on a scale of 100-900).
CompTIA Server+ Exam: Skills Measured
1. Server Hardware Installation & Management
2. Server Administration
3. Security & Disaster Recovery
Who Should Earn CompTIA Server+ Certification?
Systems administrators – also called sysadmins – ensure their organization’s computer systems and servers are well maintained and operate reliably. They monitor systems and security settings, ensure the resilience of the IT system, set up, maintain and delete user accounts as required.
They are also responsible for developing and maintaining relevant procedures and standards. CompTIA Server+ Training helps them learn server management, configuration, and troubleshooting skills. The average salary of a system administrator is $62,981 per year.
Data Center Technician
A data center technician oversees server centers. He or she helps ensure that networks stay up and online, that data is accessible, and that the processing and performance speed and power maintains efficiency at all times. CompTIA Server+ Training and Certification enable data center technicians to handle server-related problems independently. The average hourly salary of a data center technician is $22 per hour in the USA.
The role of a server administrator is of paramount importance across all organizations with IT-enabled business operations. They are accountable for setting up permissions, security practices, and protocols to ensure the smooth running of the organization. CompTIA Server+ Certification is a boon for the server administrator. It validates their skills and ability to manage and maintain servers, including OS configuration, access control, and virtualization.
Network administrators (IT) are responsible for keeping their organization’s computer network up to date. The job profile demands handling tasks like component installation, system updates, system repairs, and system testing. CompTIA Server+ Training helps network administrators to perform their jobs efficiently by handling server-related installation, management, configuration, and troubleshooting tasks. The average salary for a Network Administrator, IT is $59,129.
IT recruiters also prefer Field Service Technician or Engineer, IT Technician and Data Center Engineer with CompTIA Server+ Certification.
Module 1. Server Architecture
- Purpose and function of server form factors
- Install, configure and maintain server components
- Compare and contrast power and cooling components
Module 2. Server Administration.
Install and configure server operating systems
- Compare and contrast server roles and requirements for each
- Use access and control methods to administer a server
- Perform proper server maintenance techniques
- Importance of asset management and documentation
- Purpose and operation of virtualization components
Module 3. Storage.
Install and deploy primary storage devices based on given specifications and interfaces
- Configure RAID using best practices
- Hardware and features of various storage technologies
- Calculate appropriate storage capacity and plan for future growth
Module 4. Security.
Compare and contrast physical security methods and concepts
- Apply server hardening techniques
- Basic network security systems and protocols
- Implement logical access control methods based on company policy
- Implement data security methods and secure storage disposal techniques
- Implement proper environmental controls and techniques
Module 5. Networking.
Configure servers to use IP addressing and network infrastructure services
- Compare and contrast various ports and protocols
- Install cables and implement proper cable management procedures
Module 6. Disaster Recovery.
Importance of disaster recovery principles
- Implement appropriate backup techniques
Module 7. Troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting theory and methodologies
- Troubleshoot hardware problems and appropriate tools and methods
- Troubleshoot software problems and appropriate tools and methods
- Diagnose network problems and appropriate tools and methods
- Troubleshoot storage problems and appropriate tools and methods
- Diagnose security issues and appropriate tools and methods
Fees & Schedule
|Delivery Mode||Course Duration||Fees|
|Live Virtual Training||5 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Onsite Classroom Training||5 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Customized Training||5 Days||Ask for Quote|