Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching (CCIE Routing and Switching) certifies the skills required of expert-level network engineers to plan, operate and troubleshoot complex, converged network infrastructure.
Step One: CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam
You must pass the two-hour, written qualification exam, which covers networking concepts and some equipment commands before you are eligible to schedule the lab exam.
Step Two: CCIE Routing and Switching Lab Exam
The eight-hour lab exam tests your ability to configure actual equipment and troubleshoot the network in a timed test situation. You must make an initial attempt at the CCIE lab exam within 18-months of passing the CCIE written exam. Candidates who do not pass must reattempt the lab exam within 12 months of their last scored attempt in order for their written exam to remain valid. If you do not pass the lab exam within three years of passing the written exam, you must retake the written exam before being allowed to attempt the lab exam again.
Upon Completion of this Course, you will accomplish following:
- Explain basic software architecture differences between IOS XE and IOS.
- Classify Cisco express forwarding concepts.
- Explicate general network challenges.
- Employ methodologies of troubleshooting.
- Execute and provide support for switch security features.
- Execute and provide support for IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP.
- Execute and provide support for IPv6 first hop security.
- Describe IPv6 network address translation.
- Execute and provide support for the embedded event manager.
- Execute and provide support for routing protocol authentication.
- Execute and provide support for a neighbour relationship.
- Execute and provide support for IPv4 network address translation.
There are no formal prerequisites for CCIE certification. Other professional certifications or training courses are not required. Instead, candidates must first pass a written qualification exam and then the corresponding hands-on lab exam. You are expected to have an in-depth understanding of the topics in the exam blueprints and strongly encouraged to have three to five years of job experience before attempting certification.
Module 1: Network Principles
Module 2: Layer 2 Technologies
Module 3: Layer 3 Technologies
Module 4: VPN Technologies
Module 5:Infrastructure Security
Module 6: Infrastructure Services
Module 7: Evolving Technologies v1.1
Fees & Schedule
|Delivery Mode||Course Duration||Fees|
|Live Virtual Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|
|Onsite Classroom Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|
|Customized Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|