The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional exam is intended for individuals who perform a solutions architect role with two or more years of hands-on experience managing and operating systems on AWS.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
- Select appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrate complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
- Design and deploy enterprise-wide scalable operations on AWS
- Implement cost-control strategies
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- Two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS
- Ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS
- Familiarity with AWS CLI, AWS APIs, AWS CloudFormation templates, the AWS Billing Console, and the AWS Management Console
- Explain and apply the five pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Design a hybrid architecture using key AWS technologies (e.g., VPN, AWS Direct Connect)
- Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
- Familiarity with a scripting language
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux environments
- Map business objectives to application/architecture requirements
- Architect a continuous integration and deployment process
Module 1: Design for Organizational Complexity
- Determine cross-account authentication and access strategy for complex organizations (for example, an organization with varying compliance requirements, multiple business units, and varying scalability requirements).
- Determine how to design networks for complex organizations (for example, an organization with varying compliance requirements, multiple business units, and varying scalability requirements).
- Determine how to design a multi-account AWS environment for complex organizations (for example, an organization with varying compliance requirements, multiple business units, and varying scalability requirements).
Module 2: Design for New Solutions
- Determine security requirements and controls when designing and implementing a solution.
- Determine a solution design and implementation strategy to meet reliability requirements.
- Determine a solution design to ensure business continuity.
- Determine a solution design to meet performance objectives.
- Determine a deployment strategy to meet business requirements when designing and implementing a solution.
Module 3: Migration Planning
- Select existing workloads and processes for potential migration to the cloud.
- Select migration tools and/or services for new and migrated solutions based on detailed AWS knowledge.
- Determine a new cloud architecture for an existing solution.
- Determine a strategy for migrating existing on-premises workloads to the cloud.
Module 4: Cost Control
- Select a cost-effective pricing model for a solution.
- Determine which controls to design and implement that will ensure cost optimization.
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost in an existing solution.
Module 5: Continuous Improvement for Existing Solutions
- Troubleshoot solution architectures.
- Determine a strategy to improve an existing solution for operational excellence.
- Determine a strategy to improve the reliability of an existing solution.
- Determine a strategy to improve the performance of an existing solution.
- Determine a strategy to improve the security of an existing solution.
- Determine how to improve the deployment of an existing solution.
Fees & Schedule
|Delivery Mode||Course Duration||Fees|
|Live Virtual Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|
|Onsite Classroom Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|
|Customized Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|