AWS Certified DevOps Engineer: Overview
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional course is for IT professionals handling DevOps engineer role. An AWS Certified DevOps Professional develops and manages continuous delivery systems and methodologies using AWS. They coordinate with developers and system engineers. They design, develop, test and deploy DevOps related code as part of a collaborative agile team. They also help developers implement a semantic versioning release strategy as per the project’s requirement.
SpireTec provides instructor-led AWS Certified DevOps Engineer training to individuals and corporates. We include practice runs or assessment sessions and Q-A (Question-Answer) sessions to help candidates get a glimpse of what to expect and how to fair in the AWS Certified DevOps Professional Exam.
In the AWS DevOps Certification Exam, you get 180 minutes to answer 75 questions (either multiple choice or multiple response). Multiple choice has one correct answer out of four, and multiple response has two correct answers out of five or more. The exam is available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
AWS Certified DevOps Professional: Skills Measured
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
Who Should Take DevOps Certification?
AWS DevOps Engineer
This certification is primarily focused on AWS Certified DevOps Professionals. All IT services providers using AWS resources for development and deployment of modern applications need to have the skills that are assessed during the exam. The average salary of an AWS DevOps engineer in North America is $137,724.
If you are handling a team of AWS developers and system engineers, go for this AWS DevOps Certification. It will help you to plan your projects, resources, finances and meet the delivery objectives in a profitable manner. IT project managers working in the US make around $89,049 per annum. The certification is taken as an added skill and help them get paid higher and find jobs in reputed firms.
Prerequisites for the AWS DevOps Certification
Candidates aspiring to take AWS Certified DevOps Professional examination must have earned at least 2 years of experience in provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments. They should have hands-on experience in developing code in at least one high-level programming language, building highly automated infrastructures, administering operating systems, and understanding of modern development and operations processes and methodologies.
Module 1: SDLC Automation
- Apply concepts required to automate a CI/CD pipeline
- Determine source control strategies and how to implement them
- Apply concepts required to automate and integrate testing
- Apply the concepts required to build and manage artefacts securely
- Determine deployment/delivery strategies (e.g., A/B, Blue/green, Canary, Red/black) and how to implement them using AWS Services
Module 2: Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code
- Determine deployment services based on deployment needs
- Determine application and infrastructure deployment models based on business needs
- Apply security concepts in the automation of resource provisioning
- Determine how to implement lifecycle hooks on a deployment
- Apply concepts required to manage systems using AWS configuration management tools and services
Module 3: Monitoring and Logging
- Determine how to set up the aggregation, storage, and analysis of logs and metrics
- Apply concepts required to automate monitoring and event management of an environment
- Apply concepts required to audit, log, and monitor operating systems, infrastructures, and applications
- Determine how to implement tagging and other metadata strategies
Module 4: Policies and Standards Automation
- Apply concepts required to enforce standards for logging, metrics, monitoring, testing, and security
- Determine how to optimize cost through automation
- Apply concepts required to implement governance strategies
Module 5: Incident and Event Response
- Troubleshoot issues and determine how to restore operations
- Determine how to automate event management and alerting
- Apply concepts required to implement automated healing
- Apply concepts required to set up event-driven automated actions
Module 6: High Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Disaster Recovery
- Determine appropriate use of multi-AZ versus multi-region architectures
- Determine how to implement high availability, scalability, and fault tolerance
- Determine the right services based on business needs (e.g., RTO/RPO, cost)
- Determine how to design and automate disaster recovery strategies
- Evaluate a deployment for points of failure
Fees & Schedule
|Delivery Mode||Course Duration||Fees|
|Live Virtual Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|
|Onsite Classroom Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|
|Customized Training||TBD Days||Ask for Quote|