Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting (10997-C): Overview
Equip yourself with the Office 365 administration and troubleshooting skills and scale new career heights.
Office 365 by Microsoft has become the norm for all types of organizations from for-profit to non-profit to government. Millions of daily users use its productivity and collaboration products and services like Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive and Teams, for their daily official work. Office 365 revenue exceeded that of conventional license sales of Microsoft Office software in 2017. The growing adoption has made it essential for organizations to hire skilled IT professionals who have earned Office 365 administration training.
SpireTec runs an industry-oriented Office 365 administration and troubleshooting program that helps you learn how to administer and troubleshoot Office 365 tenant and key services, such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Skype for Business and Teams. We follow the Course 10997-C: Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting recommended by Microsoft.
SpireTec, the leading IT and management training company, offers an Instructor Led Training (ILT) Office 365 administration training course. Access our Office 365 admin training program online, and complete it with your own pace.
Office 365 Administration Training: Skills Measured
- Understanding of Office 365 services.
- Administer Office 365 by using the graphical environment and Windows PowerShell.
- Administer and troubleshoot directory synchronization and directory objects.
- Administer and troubleshoot Exchange Online.
- Administer and troubleshoot Skype for Business Online and Microsoft Teams.
- Administer and troubleshoot SharePoint Online.
- Plan and deploy Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus.
- Administer and troubleshoot compliance and security in Office 365.
Who Should Take Office 365 Admin Training?
Systems administrators set up, maintain and delete user accounts and setup and manage IT policies regarding access and permissions to different software, databases and other resources. They perform system setup and configuration, security monitoring, and backup procedures. They also handle patches and upgrades to ensure that systems are maximally efficient and effective. With Office 365 becoming an integral part of computing, it’s essential for them to acquire expertise regarding the same.
If you are a software engineer responsible involved in designing people-centric, cross-platform productivity experiences that extend Microsoft 365, our Office 365 admin training will help you to harness the capabilities of Microsoft 365 products and technologies, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint web add-ins, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Graph, etc. to innovate your product or service.
Irrespective of your job profile, being an IT administrator, you should learn Office 365 administration and troubleshooting techniques. Learning makes you independent. No need to wait for the system administrator to perform a job that’s within your permission. You can also overcome trivial issues that may erupt and spoil your productivity.
Prerequisites for Office 365 Administration Training
- Two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or newer.
- One year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- One year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or newer, Microsoft Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business 2015 Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 or newer is beneficial but not required.
Module 1: Office 365 services overview
This module describes the features of Office 365 and identifies recent improvements to the service. It also identifies licensing options, describes the process of Office 365 tenant configuration, and lists appropriate Office 365 client options.
- Overview of Office 365 services
- Office 365 licensing overview
- Office 365 tenant configuration
- Office 365 clients
Module 2: Office 365 administration, tools, and techniques
This module describes how to manage Office 365 by using the administrative portals and Windows PowerShell. It also explains how to manage administrative access and troubleshoot administration in Office 365.
- Managing Office 365 with the administrative portals
- Managing Office 365 with Windows PowerShell
- Managing administrative access in Office 365
- Troubleshooting administration in Office 365
Module 3: Administering and troubleshooting directory synchronization and directory objects
This module describes directory synchronization and federation. The module explains how to manage Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect (Azure AD Connect) and user and group objects in Office 365. Additionally, it describes how to troubleshoot objects and directory synchronization in Office 365.
- Overview of directory synchronization and federation overview
- Azure AD Connect management
- Managing users and groups objects in Office 365
- Troubleshooting objects and directory synchronization in Office 365
Module 4: Administering and troubleshooting Exchange Online
This module describes the subscription options and roles in Exchange Online. It explains how to administer Exchange Online recipients and client access policies in Exchange Online and how to troubleshoot Exchange Online.
- Exchange Online management overview
- Administering Exchange Online recipients
- Administering client access policies in Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
Module 5: Administering and troubleshooting Skype for Business Online and Teams
This module describes Skype for Business Online and Teams. It explains how to administer, manage, and troubleshoot Skype for Business Online and Teams.
- Skype for Business Online and Teams overview
- Administering and managing Skype for Business Online and Teams
- Troubleshooting Skype for Business Online and Teams
Module 6: Administering and troubleshooting SharePoint Online
This module describes how to configure SharePoint Online settings and site collections and external user access to SharePoint Online. It also explains how to manage Microsoft OneDrive for Business synchronization and how to troubleshoot SharePoint Online.
- SharePoint Online management overview
- Administering SharePoint Online site collections
- Administering external users in SharePoint Online
- Configuring OneDrive for Business
- Troubleshooting SharePoint Online
Module 7: Planning and deploying Office 365 ProPlus
This module describes Office 365 ProPlus. It also explains how to plan and manage user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments and how to troubleshoot the deployments.
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Troubleshooting Office 365 ProPlus deployments
Module 8: Administering and troubleshooting compliance and security in Office 365
This module describes the compliance features in Office 365. It explains how to administer Azure Information Protection and the compliance features in Office 365, how to configure and administer email security in Office 365, and how to troubleshoot Office 365 compliance and protection.
- Overview of compliance features in Office 365
- Administering information protection in Office 365
- Administering compliance features in Office 365
- Configuring and administering email security in Office 365
Fees & Schedule
|Delivery Mode||Course Duration||Fees|
|Live Virtual Training||3 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Onsite Classroom Training||3 Days||Ask for Quote|
|Customized Training||3 Days||Ask for Quote|